2007년 6월 16일 토요일

The Cords of Death

Scriptures to reflect on, given recent events in my life:

The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears (Psalm 18: 4-6)

He reached down from on high and he took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. (Psalm 18:16)

O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. (Psalm 30: 2-3)

For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life. (Psalm 56:13)

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. (Psalm 71:20)

댓글 없음: