2012년 10월 4일 목요일
The Obama/Romney Debate Pt. 1
I'm only responding to the things that leap out at me.
1. The whole question about creating jobs is nonsensical. The government can not create jobs, unless you count civil service jobs which do not create wealth but rather are parasitic. The government can meddle with the economy and hinder job creation or can get out of the way and allow job creation, and that's that.
2. Obama less than Presidential with the whole "Happy anniversary, Sweetie!" thing. He's *at work* during this debate. That's not the time for smoochie smoochie stuff.
3. Then Big O blathers a while about the past, then suddenly says it's "not about where we've been but where we're going." So why did he bring it up?
4. Big R goes off on the "Can you help us?" That's the OPPOSITE of the message he's supposed to be on. It's not about the government helping us, it's about the government getting off our necks.
5. Score one for Big R with "trickle down government." A big fat bonus check to whichever soundbite meister came up with that one.
6. Big O didn't answer Lehrer's question but instead went into his Mental Teleprompter.
6. Big O wants to "hire more teachers"? That's not the federal government's job! That's up to the individual school districts. As he goes on, he keeps talking about what "we" have to do -- meaning the federal government. It's not the federal government's job to do those things. It's energy companies that need to invest in developing new energy sources. (Keep especially in mind that "we" "invested" in Solyndra. Fat lot of good that did..)
7. Good job Big R in slipping in Biden's "crushed middle class" gaffe.
8. Big R nailed O on the whole redundant federal training morass. Comment about putting control in the hands of the workers was spot on.
9. They each keep going off on their own tangents rather than directly answering questions.
And I'm finding myself tuning them both otu.