2011년 3월 23일 수요일

Help and Guidance

Dear Lord, as I begin my study today, show me how I can trust in You for guidance, especially now as I'm contemplating my career path.


Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I pray, o Lord, that I will renew strength in my mind and spirit, so that I may become a powerful tool in helping the vulnerable to become stronger, to be free of the sins that trap them in poverty and discouragement.

Isaiah 54:14, 15, 17
In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you. If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you. No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me, declares the Lord.

Does this mean I'll be given strength to fight those who oppress the poor in the name of the government?

Psalm 18:48
Who saves me from my enemies. You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me.

My current foes are spiritual foes -- workers of Satan who lead me astray. Lord, keep me safe from their works and effects.

Matthew 18:18-19
I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

There are many of us, Lord, agreeing on building a society that rewards virtue and punishes wickedness. Be at our side, within us, and before us. Guide us in Your ways as we work.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I know I am backslidden. Bring my new Bible to me quickly and guide me in my studies, so that I may drink in Your Word and be given guidance, strength, refreshment, and righteousness.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Cast my sins from Your sight and guide my feet away from them daily.

Psalm 86:5
You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.

I call to you, Lord. Let me feel your love more strongly in times of trouble, as I did that day Dan died.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

I ask for guidance in my work, my family, and my finances. Also I ask for guidance in finding sound fellowship, discipleship, and accountability.


John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.

Let the streams of living water flow from me, Lord, to slake the thirst of others who do not even know yet that they thirst for You.

Luke 11:13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Is my volitility a gift? My lability? If so, show me, for I truly hate them. Are they signs that I have sinned and fallen away from you? Are they a 2x4 that you use on me when I don't get more gentle hints?

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

Especially, Lord, my tongue as I speak to clients, co workers, and higher-ups.

Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

Teach me to obey!

Acts 2:4
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Give me the words I am to speak as I go through my days.

1 Corinthians 14:2
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

I'm not sure how this applies to me.

1 Corinthians 14:4
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

Again, not sure about this one.


Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Give me wisdom to discern the agents, works, and effects of the Enemy, that I may cry out for Your power to defeat them.

I John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Let me always be more attuned to Your presence, and flee there instinctively at times of attack.

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Set me free from this body of death!

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Let me clearly see the Devil's effects, that I may resist.


Ephesians 6:11
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Guide me in doing this every day.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Take away this constant anxiety, this jangling of the nerves. Let me know that Your hand is guiding me, even if it guides me far from the wisdom of the world.

Psalm 138:3
When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.

Let me know when to be bold and when to be compliant.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

In times of trouble, show me Your way that I may know where to stand.

That feels like enough for now, Lord. Let this ferment in me during the day. Amen.

댓글 없음: